In this section you will find the offers of scholarships provided by international organizations and units to be used by students and post-doc researchers to undertake a period of training work abroad.
The list below gives some tips on scholarships for graduate and postdoctoral offered by international organizations abroad.
- Some foreign governments and international organizations provide Italian citizens with scholarships that can be used to follow courses at University or to conduct research. Source: Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Target: graduates. For more information: MAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- PLOTEUS Portal on Learning Opportunities throughout the European Space aims to help people to find out information about studying and training possibilities in Europe. Source: Ploteus – Target of scholarships: students and graduates. For more information: PLOTEUS
- Calls for proposal about scholarships are published on the "Gazzetta Ufficiale - IV serie speciale - Concorsi ed Esami" of the Italian Republic, which is the only reliable source. For general information please contact Public Relations - Tel: +390649932019/3077 - Fax: +390649933697. For specific information please refer directly to the structure that has issued the announcement.
Source: Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche – Target: see announcement. For more information: National Research Council
- The "Internship Program of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs" is set up by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (through its Diplomatic Institute) and Italian universities with the support of Crui – Conference of Italian University Rectors. Students or recent graduates are involved in training periods at the Ministry, its diplomatic missions, consular offices, the permanent representations of international organizations and cultural institutes. The University wishing to appoint their students and graduates must sign a special agreement with Crui.
Source: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Conference of Italian University Rectors – Target: Undergraduates and graduates - For more information: CRUI
- Three-year scholarships are available as a part of the international PhD IMPRS on biomimetic Systems. Research topics are: a) soft matter and biological system theory, b) soft matter physics and chemistry, c) theory and experiments in biomaterials.
Source: Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces - Potsdam (Germany) – Target: graduates. For more information: Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces - E-mail: email@example.com
- One-year internship in various international agencies dealing with international cooperation.
Source: United Nations UN Volunteers Internship Programme – Target: Graduates - For more information: UNICRI United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute
- 12-month training and internship in Third World countries.
Source: United Nations Fellowship Programme – Target: Graduates. For more information: UNICRI United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute
- Scholarships in Japan. Short-term fellowships, Long-term fellowships and post doctoral fellowships program. Field of study: humanities and social sciences, natural sciences, engineering and medicine.
Source: JSPS (formerly STA) - Recipients of Scholarships: graduate students, post-docs, researchers and university professors. For more information: JSPS - Laboratories and host institutions
- Post-doctoral scholarship. Database with post-doctoral scholarship provided by countries.
Target: PhDs - For more information: Find a post-doc
- Research scholarships sponsored by the Canon Foundation Europe. Applicants must hold a PhD and be younger than 40 years. The European scholarship holders will carry out their research program in Japan and the Japanese scholarship holder in Europe. Source: Canon Foundation Europe – Target: PhDs. For more information: Canon Foundation
- Scholarships sponsored by the Government of Canada:
o Research scholarships for undergraduate and graduate, PhDs in order to conduct research thesis (6 to 12 months)
o Scholarships for PhDs and artists in order to conduct a research project (4 to 6 months)
o Full-length scholarships in order to attend post-grad programs (Post-grad certification or PhD), except for Medicine and MBA (12 months)
Source: Government of Canada – Target: undergraduate, graduate students and postdocs. For more information: Embassy of Canada to Italy
Settore Rapporti Internazionali
Direzione Ricerca, Relazioni Internazionali, Biblioteche e Musei
Via Bogino, 9 - 10123 Turin
Tel.: +39 0116704397/4387/9621
Fax: +39 0116704436