Strutture di riferimento
Main scientific interests are in the fields of political and economic geography, development and urban studies, territorial and environmental policies.
Main topics(see following selection of publications):
1. Alternative food geography, urban food policies, urban food systems (recently opened research field with participation to national and international networks; some publications with a growing position in international and national debate);
2. Sustainability, local development, green economy, territory and eco-restructuring process (i.e. textile industry and districts, smart cities) (some publications with a relevant position in theItalian debate and a good position in international debate)
3. Mega-events, Olympics, territorial transformations and local development (some publication with a relevant position in national and international debate);
4. Development co-operation, territorial analysis and local development (i.e. in the Sahel) (some publication with a relevant position in national debate);
5. Environmental and territorial conflicts(some publication with a good position in national debate)
6. Industrial heritage valorization processes and policies, derelict sites regeneration and local development in old industrial regions and cities (some publications with a relevant position in the Italian debate);
7. Various: Environmental issues geographical description and cartographic representation; ICT, urban and regional planning, participative mapping, crowd mapping; University and the City, University Campus sustainability.
COORDINATION OF SCIENTIFIC ASSOCIATIONS
- 2019 - President of the Italian Society of Geographical Studies (Società di Studi Geografici diFirenze)
- 2018 -Coordinator of the Italian Network on Local Policies of Food (Rete italiana politiche locali del cibo www.politichedelcibo.it)
- 2016 -Coordinator of the Atlas of Turin Food System (Atlante del cibo di Torino metropolitana) www.atlantedelcibo.it
- 2015-2017and 2018-2020 Director and President of OMERO, the Inter-department ResearchCentre on Urban Studies and Events of the University of Turin www.omero.unito.it